Featured Recipe

Roasted Cauliflower Bisque

Cauliflower is now being touted as the new Kale ~ for folks that haven't warmed up to the texture and flavor of kale, this is good news.  Cauliflower tends to take on the flavor of what it's paired with.  It's also extremely versatile; you can bake, broil, boil, steam, rice, saute, mix with just about anything or enjoy it raw.  I chose to prepare a simple bisque with the head of cauliflower I had in my refrigerator.  It's light and has a lovely mild flavor.  You could add cheese, veggies or a protein to add a little zip to this bisque. "The flavor of roasted cauliflower is wonderful!" 

Pistachio Stuffed Dates

Every time I make these pistachio stuffed dates I am hard pressed not to eat them all myself.  Growing up, it was a holiday sweet my grandmother always served.  Being a typical kid, I thought they looked strange so I never would try one ~ my loss.  These sweets are perfect to cap off a lovely meal, serve with coffee, or to bring to a friend’s home.

"Rich dates, stuffed with pistachios and dusted in fine sugar ~ delicious!"

INGREDIENTS:
1 container whole Medjool dates (approximately 15-20)
1 package of pistachios, (approximately 3 shelled pistachios per date)
1/2 cup white sugar, (I prefer the fine bakers sugar)

PREPARATION:

1.     Gently slide each date halfway through lengthwise to remove the pit.

2.     Place 3 pistachios in each date.

3.     Dip each filled date in the sugar; shake off excess.

4.     Plate, serve and enjoy!